Friday, January 6, 2012

2012: Here I Come! Health & Fitness Goals for 2012

So at the beginning of every year, we all get excited about setting goals to help us make the most of the year. For some, its about becoming financial stable, getting in shape or simply enjoying life a little more. For me, its a lot but I've narrowed it down to a short list I believe is very achievable. Check it out!

Diet/Healthy Eating Goals:


  1. Have a no-sugar-added week each month: I add at least two tablespoons of sugar to my oatmeal, coffee or tea - in addition to condensed milk. I AM a sugar addict and not ashamed of it (for some reason I think its better being addicted to sugar than salt and grease) but, of course, I know too much sugar is never good (too much of anything for that matter). So I have proposed a no-sugar added week each month in an attempt to curb my sugar habit. Keeping my fingers crossed!
  2. Replace processed snacks with fruits and nuts: I find I've been craving salty snacks lately which is something new for me because I usually go for the sweet biscuits instead. But before I get hooked, I'm gonna nip it in the bud. It also saves money too. I can spend $150 on a bunch of bananas which can last three days (2 fingers a day) rather than two processed snacks that barely fill the void. 
  3. Experiment with Asian cooking: Asian cuisine for me always represented clean and healthy eating. Whether its the cooking procedure or just the portions, it always symbolized a recipe for good health. I'm going to cook an Asian dish twice per month. 
Fitness Goals:

  1. Start working out again: My exercise routine has been on hiatus for almost two months now and I'm feeling the effect (zero energy). So its definitely time to get back into it. I think I was mostly bored with my old routine why I stopped. So its time for a new routine. I have an idea of what my plan will be but I'll let you know in a separate post. 
  2. Meet the Challenge! Running is not my thing but I've always admired runners and dreamed one day that I'd become a seasoned runner. So instead of dreaming, I'm going to make the dream a reality, damn it! 
  3. Add Yoga to the New Plan: Yoga adds a interesting element to any workout plan. Its important to build muscle and lose fat but also to maintain flexibility and balance, especially as we get older. 
So there's my list. It seems pretty simple but I know it will take hard work and dedication. I know if it don't accomplish them all this year, as long as I'm still breathing, I can accomplish them later. But, yeah, I'm aiming for 2012. 

What are your fitness and nutrition goals for this year? Looking forward to hearing from you!

1 comment:

  1. I need to lose 4 inches of my stomach and I want to tone up for summer 2012!

    ReplyDelete