Tuesday, March 12, 2013

My Wash 'N Go Routine





So I've been doing wash 'n go for the past two months now on my newly natural tresses. It has taken me a while to get used to it because I wasn't used to seeing my hair so tamed. When I do a wash 'n go, its a lot flatter and my curl patterns, as to be expected, are more defined. It kinda reminds me of a jheri curl. Not exactly the look I was going for but that's what my hair wants to do. Who am I to fight it?

What Products do I use to achieve this style?

Step 1:
After I've washed and conditioned my hair, I use my absolute favourite (for now at least) leave-in conditioner: Cantuu Shea Butter. I work it throughout my hair and I may also use this time to detangle my hair.

Step 2:
I seal my hair in sections using coconut oil. You can find this in, not just beauty stores, but also your local supermarket. Since coconut oil can be used for a variety of purposes, you can pick up the usual coconut cooking oil. I do not endorse any particular brand. As long as its virgin coconut oil, it will do just fine.

Step 3:
I divide my hair into small section and basically just comb through the EcoStyler gel through my hair with my fingers. I go over each section by smoothing it over with the pads of my fingers. This helps to reduce frizz and keep curls intact. You will notice some white residue in your hair. You can try to remove some of the product form your hair by smoothing over small sections (to not disturb curls) and squeezing it out at the ends. What I do is give my hair a good shake and eventually it goes away as my hair dries.

Step 4:
I spay some of my Organics Roots Stimulator Olive Oil Sheen Spray just to give my hair some shine since kinky hair has the tendency to look dull. It also serves to moisturize and further seal my hair. 

And that's it! I hope for those of you who are sporting a TWA found this information along with the video useful. Remember its a learning process and it will take time to get the hang of dealing with your hair in all its natural glory. 


Until next time, xoxoxo!








No comments:

Post a Comment