Thursday, October 17, 2013

Bye Bye Dark Spots! DIY Turmeric & Honey Face Mask

Lately I’ve realized that I’m becoming more and more open to a more natural approach to beauty. I’ve decided to forego the chemical way to dealing with my hair as well using other natural products to care  for my hair. I’ve also become fascinated with a more natural approach to skin care. Maybe its because I’m fed up of expensive products that never seem to work or since I’m getting older, I’m searching for  a less complicated routine. Whatever the reason, I enjoy researching simple do-it-yourself recipes that claim to take care of my various skin woes. One of my biggest issues is my hyperpigmented skin and dark spots.





I found a simple recipe hat claims to help with my pigmentation as well as dark spots without bleaching the skin. It’s the turmeric and honey mask. There are many variations of this mask but since these were the only two ingredients I had at the time, I decided to give this one a try.


Recipe


1 tbsp. turmeric


1 tbsp. honey


Apply paste evenly to the skin. Let the mask sit for 30 minutes. Make sure you do this when wearing an old T-shirt since turmeric stains.




Benefits of Turmeric



  • Anti-inflammatory

  • Anti-bacterial

  • Lightens and evens out dark spots

  • Antioxidant







Benefits of Honey


  • Helps to reduce infections
  • Anti-septic, when diluted with water, it forms hydrogen peroxide which is a mild antiseptic
  • Soaks up impurities from the skin
  • Moisturizer
  • Protects skin from sun damage
  • Antioxidant













1 comment:

  1. Did you keep this up? Did it actually help with hyperpigmentation?

    ReplyDelete