Monday, November 25, 2013

Going Bananas!



Hands-down, my favourite dessert is ice cream. There is simply no competition in this category for me. Throwing all cares out the door, I would indulge in this treat at breakfast, lunch, dinner and three snacks in between. But of course, my sense of logic and rationale wins - some of the time - and I'm able to limit my indulgence to every once in a while. Needless to say, the comfort that I get is always at the back of my mind.

Bananas have always been one of my go-to snacks during my day or as part of a healthy breakfast. I never thought of it as a dessert until a friend of mine suggested these potassium-packed fruits. She recommended using frozen bananas to make my own ice-cream. Add a little chocolate syrup and chopped nuts and you've made your own low-calorie banana split!

Recipe:

2 frozen bananas, crushed
2 tbsp chocolate syrup
1 tsp. peanut butter, crunchy

No comments:

Post a Comment