Monday, May 11, 2015

FUEL YOUR WORKOUTS WITH THESE SUPERFOODS!


Oatmeal
Carbohydrates tend to get a bad rap because its converted to glucose, a form of sugar. But you do need glucose because that’s the form of fuel your muscles run on. For the best benefits, stick to slow-digesting carbohydrates such as oatmeal because it delivers a sustained blood sugar release that keeps you energized throughout your workout. Steel-cut oats are best because they digest more slowly that quick or instant oats.





Quinoa
This is one of my favourites. Quinoa is quite special because even though it's a grain, it does have high protein  content and high in heart-healthy fiber. Another important mineral found in quinoa is manganese. Manganese is an antioxidant which helps to protect your cells from free radicals.





Ginger
I  love ginger! Whenever I  make my green juices, I  always adds a piece of ginger. I  think it give them a  kick that I love. Growing up, I would drink ginger tea if I had a tummy ache but its also good for muscle pain after your workout.  It helps with stiffness and and swelling.





Almonds
Its funny, the harder you train, the more damaging the free radicals you produce. But almonds are an excellent source of anitoxidants such as flavanoids and vitamin E.





Chicken Breast
Lean chicken breast is high in protein and also carnitine. Carnitine plays an important role in fat metabolism so it's a great food to add when managing your weight.







Spinach
This is usually the base for all my green juices. Spinach is particularly high in iron which is so important in order for your red blood cells to absorb oxygen. It also contains lots of B vitamins which help to release energy from cells.  






Sweet Potatoes
Sweet potatoes are great because they are slow digesting carbohydrate which helps to stabilize blood sugars. They're also high in antioxidants.






No comments:

Post a Comment