Friday, January 30, 2015

Fem FITNESS Tips for Working Out With Weak Knees


Years ago, I had a friend who desperately wanted to lose weight. I suggested we work out together since its always more fun doing it with a friend but she always had the used the "I have bad knees" excuse. I had never experienced knee pain until recently so I could not relate to the experience. The idea, though, that knee pain or any other joint paint should prevent you from living the life you wanted just didn't sit well with me. I just didn't believe in limiting myself like that. Around that time, I had sprained my ankle and was nervous about working out while it healed. In time, my ankle healed completely and I lost ten pounds with regular exercise and mindful eating! The point is: Giving up on fitness goals is simple not an option. YOU CAN DO THIS. Sitting down and giving up does not strengthen those weak joints. Proper exercises do. So get moving and try these exercises to help you strengthen those knee joints.

Reverse Lunges
Start with your shoulders back and your hands resting at your sides. Take a big step back with one leg so that you're standing with your feet apart. Lower your hips to the floor until your opposite  knee forms a 90-degree angle (do not let it pass you toes). Push yourself up. Most of the strength should come from your front leg. Return your back leg to the starting position. Repeat with the other leg.






Romainian Deadlifts
Stand upright holding a pair of medium-weight dumbbells in each hand, arms at your sides, and with your knees slightly bent. Arms straight and knees slightly bent, slowly bend at the hips (not your waist) and lower the weights as far as possible without rounding your back. Now squeeze your butt to slowly pull yourself up (avoid using your back).

Hip Thrusts
Lie on your back with the hands by your side and your knees bent, shoulder width apart. Pushing up with your heels, lift your hips off the floor while keeping your back straight. Slowly go back to the starting position as you breathe in.



No comments:

Post a Comment