Sunday, February 15, 2015

YUMMY PREOTEIN PANCAKES WITH EASY GREEK YOGURT HONEY SAUCE




I love pancakes just as much as the next person. Who wouldn't want a batch of sweet, fluffy cakes first thing in the morning when your sugar levels are at a an all-time low? Me please! But, of course, store-bought easy-make mixes are usually filled with ingredients no one but a chemistry whiz would be able to pronounce.  So, to quench my yearnings for yucky and over processed junk, I'd been researching healthy pancake recipes. I've experimented with oatmeal, bananas, protein powders and other ingredients to find the perfect recipe. The caveat was I didn't want a complicated recipe. My approach to the kitchen is to get and get out as soon as possible. So, imagine my delight when I stumbled on a simple (3 ingredient!) recipe! These babies pictured above can be made using readily available items in most kitchen so if you live for quick and easy recipes (jet-setters and mommies), keep on reading!

3 Ingredients
1 VERY RIPE banana
2 whole eggs
1 tbsp chia seeds (ground flax seed can be used too)



Throw all three ingredient into your blender and whip until completely smooth.  Pour batter into a hot frying pan coated with cooking spray. You know what to do next. After one side is cooked, flip pancakes. cook until golden.






Greek Yogurt Honey Sauce
I used a 2:1 ratio for this sauce.
1 cup plain Greek yogurt
1/2 cup honey

Whip these two in a mixing bowl using a fork. The mixture will become liquidy. Pour two or three spoonfuls of this sweet and yummy sauce, garnish with berries or other fruits of your choice and voilĂ !



No comments:

Post a Comment